POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Alain
Date: 5 Nov 2007 11:50:56
Message: <472f49f0$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/05 08:34:

> Ah-hah. So there *is* a secret hidden tool for altering them! (At least,
> there is in Word 2003.)
>
> Still puzzled as to why you have to open up a special window to do this.
> (I.e., why you can't just click on the style you want to change.) But
> then, this is from the program where you can't change any program
> settings unless you have a document open. (WTF?)
Still wondering about those same things...

> (Ooo, that's nice... If I change a style to match an existing one, the
> existing one gets deleted. And if I change the justification for the
> Normal style, the other styles update. Pitty you can't explicitly say
> which settings are applied in THIS style and which ones should just be
> inherited...)
I know, inheritance can be a pain. As every styles ARE defined from the "normal"
style, they ALL inherit any change you make to it. You should be able to set
what characteristics of a style are inheritable.
Solution: Create your own style, say "MyNormal". Then, if you want, derive some
other styles from it.

> Well, you just described the steps to do the *opposite* of what I want
> to do (i.e., I want to change *from* Arial, not *to* it), but OK. Let's
> see now...
>
> OK, no go. Word *refuses* to overwrite NORMAL.DOT because it's already
> open. (Duh!) God I hate Word! >_<
File|Open... select "normal.dot", edit it, hit CTRL+S, done. Simple.

--
Alain
No matter how much you do, you never do enough.